From: Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Don't kill hardened yet - Porting the patch forward is complete
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:58:18
1 On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 12:13:31 -0500
2 Parker Schmitt <pjschmittgentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Have we thought about paying spender to give us patches? We could
5 > agree to a license that requires it to be on Gentoo....just a thought
6
7 Yeah, that won't work. spender and PaX team have made the experience
8 that if they publish their code under whatever license, some tech
9 companies will come along and use the code without giving a shit about
10 said license. That's one of the reasons why the 'stable' grsec patch
11 series, as well as their git repository, hadn't been public for quite a
12 while even before they made the decision to stop publishing code
13 altogether.
14
15 @Bob: The Gentoo Hardened project is aware of minipli's efforts, but it
16 has been decided not to make his tree available as an ebuild
17 in ::gentoo for now.
18
19 Since all a kernel ebuild does is to dump the sources in /usr/src, it
20 doesn't make much of a difference anyway, but if someone wants to
21 create an ebuild in their overlay, they're of course welcome to do so.
22
23 Regards,
24 Luis