From: Parker Schmitt <pjschmittgentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Don't kill hardened yet - Porting the patch forward is complete
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 17:13:35
1 Have we thought about paying spender to give us patches? We could agree to
2 a license that requires it to be on Gentoo....just a thought
3
4 On Aug 23, 2017 11:20 AM, <bob@××××××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > After re-reading the official announcement, rather than the one I saw on a
7 > tech news website, it appears only hardened-sources are being pulled rather
8 > than the whole project. That is good news. For a moment I thought all the
9 > PaX files were being removed, which would be a major blow to security for
10 > those who need it.
11 >
12 > Per announcement:
13 >
14 >> Also, all PaX related packages, except
15 >>
16 > sys-kernel/hardened-sources, will remain available for the time being.
17 > https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2017-08-19-hardene
18 > d-sources-removal.html
19 >
20 > I guess I can live with an overlay for now, although
21 > unofficial-hardened-sources would make a nice addition to the entire
22 > project, they are very stable for me. Thank you again and keep up the good
23 > work.
24 >