From: bob@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Don't kill hardened yet - Porting the patch forward is complete
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 16:20:39
1 After re-reading the official announcement, rather than the one I saw on
2 a tech news website, it appears only hardened-sources are being pulled
3 rather than the whole project. That is good news. For a moment I thought
4 all the PaX files were being removed, which would be a major blow to
5 security for those who need it.
6
7 Per announcement:
8 > Also, all PaX related packages, except
9 sys-kernel/hardened-sources, will remain available for the time being.
10 https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2017-08-19-hardened-sources-removal.html
11
12 I guess I can live with an overlay for now, although
13 unofficial-hardened-sources would make a nice addition to the entire
14 project, they are very stable for me. Thank you again and keep up the
15 good work.
16