From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Stabilizing the new selinux profiles
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 13:02:41
1 On 8/21/2011 7:10 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > Back in May, I added new feature/selinux profiles which we would like to
5 > stabilize soon. These were structured to parallel the
6 > selinux/v2refpolicy profiles but with the idea that they could be added
7 > as a feature to any existing profile.
8 >
9 > There are no open bugs out against them, so we are clear to stabilize,
10 > but I would like feedback from the community about their use, especially
11 > since the next step might be to deprecate the older profiles. (Don't
12 > panic! It would not happen anytime soon if at all. And you would get
13 > ample warnings.)
14 >
15 > Either we haven't hit any bugs with the new profiles because of low
16 > usage or because there just aren't any, so community feedback about
17 > their use and usefulness would be appreciated.
18
19 I'm using them on all of my SELinux systems now and haven't
20 noticed any issues with them, and I have at least one of
21 each (x86, amd64, and amd64-multilib).
22
23 --Mike