From: Matt Thode <mthode@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Stabilizing the new selinux profiles
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 20:04:26
1 On Aug 21, 2011, at 7:03 AM, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2
3 > On 8/21/2011 7:10 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
4 >> Hi everyone,
5 >>
6 >> Back in May, I added new feature/selinux profiles which we would like to
7 >> stabilize soon. These were structured to parallel the
8 >> selinux/v2refpolicy profiles but with the idea that they could be added
9 >> as a feature to any existing profile.
10 >>
11 >> There are no open bugs out against them, so we are clear to stabilize,
12 >> but I would like feedback from the community about their use, especially
13 >> since the next step might be to deprecate the older profiles. (Don't
14 >> panic! It would not happen anytime soon if at all. And you would get
15 >> ample warnings.)
16 >>
17 >> Either we haven't hit any bugs with the new profiles because of low
18 >> usage or because there just aren't any, so community feedback about
19 >> their use and usefulness would be appreciated.
20 >
21 > I'm using them on all of my SELinux systems now and haven't noticed any issues with them, and I have at least one of each (x86, amd64, and amd64-multilib).
22 >
23 > --Mike
26 I've been using it on 4 systems for the last month or so.
27
28 -- Matthew Thode

PGP.sig application/pgp-signature