From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Gnubie <gnubie@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Gentoo Hardened on a Compact Flash or USB Memory Stick
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 04:10:05
1 On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 21:28, Gnubie wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > I'm new to Gentoo and the way I look at it, it's the best distro that
5 > will fit with my plan to make a customize Linux distribution that will
6 > entirely run either on compact flash or USB memory stick.
7
8 How big is your compact flash?
11 > Anybody who can point me to the right URL or documentations on how to
12 > customize the Gentoo Hardened and can be installed directly either to
13 > a compact flash or USB memory stick? I already downloaded the
14 > following:
15 >
16 > - livecd-x86-selinux-20040616.iso
17 > - stage1-x86-selinux-pie-ssp-20040611.tar.bz2
18 >
19 > FYI, this is just for my home use and basically for me to
20 > understand/learn how to customize a Linux distribution.
21 >
22 > Thank you in advance.
23 >
24 > Gnubie
25 >
26 > --
27 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
28 --
29 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
30 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer