From: Aaron Walker <ka0ttic@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] hardened and X
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 20:22:43
1 I've been using hardened (as in pie/ssp + hardened-dev-sources) on one
2 of my servers for several months now and have been very impressed.
3
4 I decided this morning to do a similar install on my desktop box. I
5 installed from stage1 and have everything up and running and xorg-x11
6 installed.
7
8 Originally, when I ran startx, I got errors about I/O permissions.. my
9 hunch was right and disabling the "Disallow Unpriveledge I/O" kernel
10 option fixed that. When attempting to run startx now, Xorg complains
11 about not being able to resolve the driver's symbols (using either the
12 nvidia driver or the generic vesa driver).
13
14 Btw, I have disabled all PaX flags for /usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg with paxctl
15 just in case, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.
16
17 Anyone have any ideas?
18
19 Thanks,