From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Adding ipv6 USE flag by default
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:06:08
1 On 02/09/11 22:09, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > Jan Kundrat asked on gentoo-dev why hardened removes ipv6 from its
5 > profiles. To be honest, I see no good reason. I want to add it back.
6 > Before I do, does anyone in the community know of any issues with
7 > hardened + ipv6? I don't know of any and all my servers have it
8 > enables. So, I'm going to add it back in about 1 week.
11 I don't think there are any issues with it. The only argument I know of
12 is that it increases the attack surface for a feature that 0% + epsilon
13 of people use.