From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] policy doesn't exist?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:06:02
1 Caleb Cushing wrote:
2 > /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
3 >
4 > policy doesn't exist in 2006.1 profile? hmm... I have a populated
5 > directory on my other selinux box but there isn't one on this box. not
6 > sure why. the only thing I can think of is that I started that box on a
7 > 2005.1 profile.... because I don't recall downloading a policy... do I
8 > need to download or write my own? or is there a faster way?
9
10 If you read the update SELinux HOWTO it will explain all of
11 this (I just upgraded this weekend and it took me a minute,
12 too.)
13
14 The policy source isn't install on your system anymore, only
15 the compiled policies. You don't need to 'make' the policy
16 anymore. You use the new SELinux tools like rlpkg and
17 semodule to load modules into the running system.
20 -- Mike
21
22 Still using IE? Get Firefox!
23 http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=6492&t=1