From: Jae Kim <chcjswo@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] policy doesn't exist?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:48:33
1 hmm i thought this only applies to 2006.1 profile and hardened users
2 have to stick with old method..
3
4 correct me of i'm wrong
5
6 Mike Edenfield wrote:
7 > Caleb Cushing wrote:
8 >> /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
9 >>
10 >> policy doesn't exist in 2006.1 profile? hmm... I have a populated
11 >> directory on my other selinux box but there isn't one on this box.
12 >> not sure why. the only thing I can think of is that I started that
13 >> box on a 2005.1 profile.... because I don't recall downloading a
14 >> policy... do I need to download or write my own? or is there a faster
15 >> way?
16 >
17 > If you read the update SELinux HOWTO it will explain all of this (I
18 > just upgraded this weekend and it took me a minute, too.)
19 >
20 > The policy source isn't install on your system anymore, only the
21 > compiled policies. You don't need to 'make' the policy anymore. You
22 > use the new SELinux tools like rlpkg and semodule to load modules into
23 > the running system.
27 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list