From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] policy doesn't exist?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 13:46:45
1 Jae Kim wrote:
2 > Mike Edenfield wrote:
3 >> Caleb Cushing wrote:
4 >>> /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
5 >>>
6 >>> policy doesn't exist in 2006.1 profile? hmm... I have a populated
7 >>> directory on my other selinux box but there isn't one on this box.
8 >>> not sure why. the only thing I can think of is that I started that
9 >>> box on a 2005.1 profile.... because I don't recall downloading a
10 >>> policy... do I need to download or write my own? or is there a faster
11 >>> way?
12 >>
13 >> If you read the update SELinux HOWTO it will explain all of this (I
14 >> just upgraded this weekend and it took me a minute, too.)
15 >>
16 >> The policy source isn't install on your system anymore, only the
17 >> compiled policies. You don't need to 'make' the policy anymore. You
18 >> use the new SELinux tools like rlpkg and semodule to load modules into
19 >> the running system.
22 > hmm i thought this only applies to 2006.1 profile and
23 > hardened users have to stick with old method..
24
25 He is using the 2006.1 profile, which was the source of his
26 confusion. You are correct that users of the hardened
27 profile can't use the 2006.1 SELinux profile yet; I beleive
28 it's due to the lack of a working hardened toolchain which
29 includes the latest versions of gcc/glibc, which are
30 required for the latest SELinux tools.
33 -- Mike
34
35 Still using IE? Get Firefox!
36 http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=6492&t=1