From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] policy doesn't exist?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 13:44:36
1 so what the fastest way to get this running? I'm not fully understanding
2 the directions in that.
3
4 On 3/18/07, Jae Kim <chcjswo@×××××××.au> wrote:
5 >
6 > hmm i thought this only applies to 2006.1 profile and hardened users
7 > have to stick with old method..
8 >
9 > correct me of i'm wrong
10 >
11 > Mike Edenfield wrote:
12 > > Caleb Cushing wrote:
13 > >> /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
14 > >>
15 > >> policy doesn't exist in 2006.1 profile? hmm... I have a populated
16 > >> directory on my other selinux box but there isn't one on this box.
17 > >> not sure why. the only thing I can think of is that I started that
18 > >> box on a 2005.1 profile.... because I don't recall downloading a
19 > >> policy... do I need to download or write my own? or is there a faster
20 > >> way?
21 > >
22 > > If you read the update SELinux HOWTO it will explain all of this (I
23 > > just upgraded this weekend and it took me a minute, too.)
24 > >
25 > > The policy source isn't install on your system anymore, only the
26 > > compiled policies. You don't need to 'make' the policy anymore. You
27 > > use the new SELinux tools like rlpkg and semodule to load modules into
28 > > the running system.
31 > --
32 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list