From: Adam Sroka <asroka@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] can`t modify passwd and group files
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:05:02
1 Adam Sroka wrote:
2
3 > Adam Sroka wrote:
4 >
5 >> Makurin Roman wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> Hi All!
8 >>> It`s my first post to this list so be patient :)
9 >>> I`ve got a problem with sys-apps/shadow, I can`t
10 >>> modify /etc/passwd or /etc/group files with groupadd and
11 >>> adduser therefore I can`t merge all apps that trying to alter
12 >>> those files(like hal, pmount, etc.....)
13 >>>
14 >>> I convert default-2005.1 profile to selinux and do all steps like in
15 >>> selinux handbook
16 >>>
17 >>> What I need to do to fix that problem ?
18 >>>
19 >>> Thanks
20 >>>
21 >>> PS: Sorry for my english
22 >>>
23 >>>
24 >>>
25 >> What is the error that you are getting?
28 > Assuming that SELinux is enabled, and that the error you are getting
29 > is something like "can't open file..." Try this:
30 >
31 > restorecon /etc/group
32 > restorecon /etc/passwd
33 > restorecon /etc/shadow
34 >
35 P.S. And if that works, DO NOT edit any of these files by hand in the
36 future or the same thing will happen.
39 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list