From: Adam Sroka <asroka@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] can`t modify passwd and group files
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:01:40
1 Adam Sroka wrote:
2
3 > Makurin Roman wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi All!
6 >> It`s my first post to this list so be patient :)
7 >> I`ve got a problem with sys-apps/shadow, I can`t
8 >> modify /etc/passwd or /etc/group files with groupadd and
9 >> adduser therefore I can`t merge all apps that trying to alter
10 >> those files(like hal, pmount, etc.....)
11 >>
12 >> I convert default-2005.1 profile to selinux and do all steps like in
13 >> selinux handbook
14 >>
15 >> What I need to do to fix that problem ?
16 >>
17 >> Thanks
18 >>
19 >> PS: Sorry for my english
23 > What is the error that you are getting?
26 Assuming that SELinux is enabled, and that the error you are getting is
27 something like "can't open file..." Try this:
28
29 restorecon /etc/group
30 restorecon /etc/passwd
31 restorecon /etc/shadow