From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] RELRO and Xorg
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 19:01:11
1 So how it can be verified, that the compiled ELF has RELRO and NOW?
2 1. RELRO can be verified by calling readelf with the -l option and look
3 for RELRO. If it's there, the ELF was compiled with RELRO
4 2. NOW can be verified by calling readelf with the -d option and look for
5 BIND_NOW
6 If the ELF has both, it's full RELRO. If it has only RELRO, but no
7 BIND_NOW, it's lazy.
8
9 If I comment out the append flag row in the xorg eclass, the resulting ELF
10 will be full relro. Without explicitly specifying relro and now. That's
11 probably because of the hardened toolchain.
12
13 I will give a try to the radeon driver soon. Now it's only Xorg and most
14 of the drivers compiled with full relro, except for the video card driver.
15 --
16 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
17 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057
18