From: Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] RELRO and Xorg
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 20:27:05
1 On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 10:34:07PM +0300, Alex Efros wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 09:21:00PM +0200, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
5 > > If you want to try, you could try the xorg-2.eclass from here:
6 > >
7 > > https://github.com/N8Fear/hvb-overlay/blob/master/eclass/xorg-2.eclass
8 > >
9 > > either by temporarily overwriting the one from the portage tree or otherwise by
10 >
11 > Overwriting one from the portage is ok, I think. What next - rebuild
12 > x11-base/xorg-server-1.14.3 and restart Xorg to check is it works ok?
13 >
14 > --
15 > WBR, Alex.
16
17 That should do it - and on the next sync everything should be back to normal.
18 Btw: seems like building the driver (xf86-video-intel in my case) seems to
19 break X (no screens found).
20 I think it still would be an improvement nonetheless if xorg-server could be
21 build with full relro.
22 The question is if it's the same for other drivers (building the drivers break
23 X, building the server itself with full relro works).
24
25 One other more or less losely related thing: x86-input-synaptics works with
26 full relro for me.