To: gentoo-hardened <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] LVM Trouble
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:13:03
1 Hi everybody!
2
3 Although I am running a hardened box for almost one year now I am still
4 quite new to this topic, since it ran all the time in non-enforcing
5 mode, due to lack of time.
6 Now I started to get it running in enforcing mode and succeeded with
7 sshd+samba when switching the booted machine to enforcing mode, but when
8 booting with enforcing=1 I get stuck with
9
10 * Setting up the Logical Volume Manager
11 /var/lock: mkdir failed: Permission denied
12 Locking type 1 intialisation failed. [ok]
13 * Checking all filesystems...
14 /dev/hda1: clean.....
15 fsck.ext3: No such device or address while trying to open /dev/vg/home
16 Possibly non-existent or swap device?
17 ........ [!!]
18
19 After this the "Give root password for maintenance.." appears, where I
20 am finally completely stuck since my password is not accepted.
21
22 Any hint greatly appreciated!
27 Some details about the system:
28 - kernel 2.6.11-hardened-r15 (SELinux,PAX)
29 - baselayout 1.11.13
30 - lvm2 2.01.09
31
32 /etc/conf.d/rc looks like