From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened laptop: am I nuts?
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 21:12:29
1 Hi!
2
3 On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 11:39:04AM -0800, Ned Ludd wrote:
4 > I already made it 100% clear! You can not upgrade cleanly unless you do
5 > a lot of work. far more work than any gentoo dev in his right mind will
6 > tell you or suggest. In short. IT DOES NOT WORK! It's never worked. The
7 > amd64 team does not support it. Hardened does not support it.
8 > So.. I'll state it yet again.. "Complete Reinstall"
9
10 Thanks! Looks like my decision to continue working in 32-bit mode even on
11 modern processors save me from additional troubles. :) And good luck to
12 all people who choose to work in 64-bit mode!
15 WBR, Alex.
16 --
17 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list