From: RB <aoz.syn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Patching hardened-sources
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:03:07
1 On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 09:09, Shinkan <shinkan@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I thank RB a lot for its precisions, but is there really no way of having
3 > SRC_URI auto-fetch a patch from ebuild dir instead of Internet ?
4
5 That's precisely what ${FILESDIR} is for, please read 'man 5 ebuild'.
6 SRC_URI is for remote files, FILESDIR is for in-tree ones.
7
8 > I don't
9 > really want to switch from kernel-2 based ebuild to more generic EAPI 2
10 > ebuild just to make a local patch applied.
11
12 You don't have to. I'm not sure there's a nicer way to say this: you
13 need to spend some quality time with the developers' handbook, perhaps
14 even practice on the dev quizzes. You're asking very basic ebuild
15 questions that, if you don't know the answers to, you're setting
16 yourself up for a lot of frustration and re-work. If I were you, I'd
17 start from modifying a copy of vserver-sources instead of starting
18 from hardened-sources; that looks to be the easiest way.