From: Shinkan <shinkan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Patching hardened-sources
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:01:07
1 2009/12/11 Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
4 > So why not patch it yourself?
7 Because I want an automagic procedure that will be done many times. Without
8 external scripts.
9 And because I'll have to make ebuilds for other things, so that would be
10 great to be consistent.
11 I know roughtly how to handle kernel-2 eclass based ebuilds, but in my case,
12 I would prefer local source fetch (from ebuild rep).
13 For now, I can just have kernel-2 based ebuild to fetch a .diff or .tar.bz2
14 from Internet. I would just like it to be directly in ebuild dir.
15
16 I thank RB a lot for its precisions, but is there really no way of having
17 SRC_URI auto-fetch a patch from ebuild dir instead of Internet ? I don't
18 really want to switch from kernel-2 based ebuild to more generic EAPI 2
19 ebuild just to make a local patch applied.
23 Pierre.
24 "Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I
25 wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice." -
26 Bill Watterson