From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Patching hardened-sources
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:02:56
1 Shinkan wrote:
4 > 2009/12/11 Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com <mailto:lists@××××××××××.com>>
7 > Just merge it onto the same vanilla kernel as the patch is for
8 > (expect at least a bit of pain if you deviate from the required
9 > vanilla kernel...). Watch the vserver list for news because
10 > several recent versions of the patch have proved unstable due to
11 > problems merging in the pax stuff - pax developers have been very
12 > helpful I believe though and last I heard a few weeks ago patch
13 > was solid
16 > Thanks for your directions.
17 > That's what I try to do, but as I don't get kernel ebuilds fully, I
18 > don't understand how I can tell ebuild to fetch and apply a patch from
19 > the file/ ebuild dir itself.
20 > I don't want the patch to be fetched from Internet.
23 So why not patch it yourself?
24
25 wget kernel
26 wget patch