From: Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Patching hardened-sources
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:00:50
1 On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Shinkan <shinkan@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > 2009/12/11 Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
5 >>
6 >> So why not patch it yourself?
7 >
8 > Because I want an automagic procedure that will be done many times. Without
9 > external scripts.
10 > And because I'll have to make ebuilds for other things, so that would be
11 > great to be consistent.
12 > I know roughtly how to handle kernel-2 eclass based ebuilds, but in my case,
13 > I would prefer local source fetch (from ebuild rep).
14 > For now, I can just have kernel-2 based ebuild to fetch a .diff or .tar.bz2
15 > from Internet. I would just like it to be directly in ebuild dir.
16 >
17 > I thank RB a lot for its precisions, but is there really no way of having
18 > SRC_URI auto-fetch a patch from ebuild dir instead of Internet ? I don't
19 > really want to switch from kernel-2 based ebuild to more generic EAPI 2
20 > ebuild just to make a local patch applied.
21
22 If the patch is in the overlay you're using you should (I thought at
23 least, I could be wrong) you could just add
24 UNIPATCH_LIST="${FILESDIR}/kernel-patch-to-add.patch" to the build.
25
26 It's something like that - its been a while since I've had to apply a
27 patch to the kernel manually.
28
29 -- Steev