From: Steve B <rshadow@××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Hardened <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] First step to securing my server
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 13:19:46
1 Hello. A while ago I attempted to secure gentoo following the Gentoo
2 Security Guide and grSecurity. Everything went ok but I obviously did
3 not understand grSecurity (I could not get x11 to load or lots of other
4 apps). Anyways I am going to attempt the process again but before I
5 start I would be interested to hear whether grSecurity or selinux is
6 prefered. Also what about hardened gcc? If I wanted to use hardened gcc
7 wouldn't that require me to re bootstrap the system?
8
9 Thanks,
10 Steve
11 --
12 Laugh, and the world ignores you. Crying doesn't help either.
16 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list