From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Confused about winbindd and SELinux
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:15:23
1 Chris PeBenito wrote:
2
3 > type_transition statements in the policy are mechanisms for changing the
4 > default context on objects. Its what makes it possible for 99% of the
5 > apps to be SELinux-ignorant.
6
7 Ok, that does make perfect sense. I guess I need to look harder next
8 time when trying to decipher these AVC messages.
9
10 > The above interface is for connecting to winbind over a unix domain
11 > socket. If you have a list of apps that want to communicate with
12 > windbind over that pipe, I can fix up the policy.
13
14 Well, I have a list of apps that are trying to connect to winbind, but
15 they're not using the domain from that interface. That's kinda where my
16 confusion is coming from. The interface appears to grant access to the
17 pipe from /var/cache/samba/winbindd_privileged (which is labeled
18 winbind_var_run_t), but not the pipe from /tmp/.winbindd (which is
19 labeled winbind_tmp_t). My main concern was that something was wrong
20 with my setup that's making winbind not cooperate with the SELinux policy.
21
22 But to actually address your email :), so far I've gotten AVC's from
23 these domains that I think have a legitimate reason to access winbind:
24
25 crond_t, newrole_t, semanage_t (for genhomedircon), sshd_t, and the
26 various *_sudo_t domains.
27
28 I also got warnings from portage_t.sandbox, because it runs tar. I can
29 see allow rules already in place for portage_t.sandbox -> winbind_tmp_t
30 for objects of type file, dir, and lnk_file, but I'm seeing messages for
31 winbind_tmp_t:sock_file as well.
32
33 There was one from run_init_t, which appears to be when it runs the
34 samba startup script, and I'm not sure why it's accessing the winbind
35 pipe before it transitions into the samba domains.
36
37 --Mike
44 gentoo-hardened@l.g.o mailing list