From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Confused about winbindd and SELinux
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:43:31
1 On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 11:17 -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > Chris PeBenito wrote:
3
4 > > The above interface is for connecting to winbind over a unix domain
5 > > socket. If you have a list of apps that want to communicate with
6 > > windbind over that pipe, I can fix up the policy.
7 >
8 > Well, I have a list of apps that are trying to connect to winbind, but
9 > they're not using the domain from that interface. That's kinda where my
10 > confusion is coming from. The interface appears to grant access to the
11 > pipe from /var/cache/samba/winbindd_privileged (which is labeled
12 > winbind_var_run_t), but not the pipe from /tmp/.winbindd (which is
13 > labeled winbind_tmp_t). My main concern was that something was wrong
14 > with my setup that's making winbind not cooperate with the SELinux policy.
15
16 Thats because, as I said in my previous response, the interface is for
17 connecting over a unix domain socket. If we look at the macro
18 stream_connect_pattern(), it has:
19
20 allow $1 $2:dir search_dir_perms;
21 allow $1 $3:sock_file { getattr write };
22 allow $1 $4:unix_stream_socket connectto;
23
24 no mention of pipes (fifo_files). So to fix up the policy I have to
25 make a new interface for rw on winbind_tmp_t fifo_files, and then make
26 the appropriate domains call that interface.
27
28 > But to actually address your email :), so far I've gotten AVC's from
29 > these domains that I think have a legitimate reason to access winbind:
30 >
31 > crond_t, newrole_t, semanage_t (for genhomedircon), sshd_t, and the
32 > various *_sudo_t domains.
33 >
34 > I also got warnings from portage_t.sandbox, because it runs tar. I can
35 > see allow rules already in place for portage_t.sandbox -> winbind_tmp_t
36 > for objects of type file, dir, and lnk_file, but I'm seeing messages for
37 > winbind_tmp_t:sock_file as well.
38 >
39 > There was one from run_init_t, which appears to be when it runs the
40 > samba startup script, and I'm not sure why it's accessing the winbind
41 > pipe before it transitions into the samba domains.
42
43 Are you using pam_winbind, pam_smbpass or nss_winbind on this system
44 too?
47 Chris PeBenito
48 <pebenito@g.o>
49 Developer,
50 Hardened Gentoo Linux
51
52 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
53 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243