From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Gcc4.1.1 with hardened
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:48:56
1 On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 00:08 -0400, Kwon wrote:
2 > > So it sounds like if I have a web facing machine where "hardened" is
3 > > merely a nice to have that I should plough forward with a 2006.1 profile
4 > > right now, then change to hardened profile later.
5 >
6 > If your web facing machine is a stand-alone firewall, try:
7 > http://leaf.sourceforge.net/bering-uclibc/
10 Kwon,
11
12 You lose two brownie points for
13 1) suggesting a non hardened solution.
14 2) suggesting a non gentoo solution.
15
16 Gentoo supports building embedded devices using uClibc and hardened all
17 at same time :p
18
19 In fact uClibc is the only place we have a working hardened-gcc-4.x
20 setup.
23 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
24 Gentoo Linux
27 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list