From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] A quick thanks for the syslog-ng changes
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:01:06
1 On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 15:13 +0200, Felix Tiede wrote:
2 > Ned Ludd schrieb:
3 > > On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 18:14 -0500, dkurtz wrote:
4 > >
5 > >>Thanks for revamping syslog-ng.conf to include grsec & pax
6 > >>filters... (et al.)
9 > > glad you like it.
10 >
11 > I certainly like it too, but there's a small pitfall: I had to adapt
12 > logwatch's config by hand to the "new" layout.
13 >
14 > Wasn't a hard task after finding out, how logwatch is configured, but
15 > unfortunately, logwatch is not as good documented as is syslog-ng.
16 >
17 > So this is just a suggestion: Could someone revise logwatch-config and do
18 > something similar to syslog-ng with logwatch?
19
20 My thinking on this is that you have already done the work yourself
21 locally and already know whats wrong with it.
22 So I think you should file a bug with a diff/patch attached for
23 >=logwatch-6.0.2
26 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
29 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list