From: Kai Dietrich <mail@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] kernel no longer in hardened-development overlay?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:15:30
1 On Tuesday 20 April 2010 Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I guess I concede the ebuilds are useful, but I would kind of expect
3 > most people on this list to be well within the capability to build their
4 > own kernel,
5
6 Well, I can just speak for me. It's not that I'm not able to do it, it's just
7 that I don't want to spend my precious time on patching kernels and figuring
8 out how to solve the occasional conflicting patch.
9
10 That's basically the point of using a distro, otherwise I could use LSF.
14 Kai