From: Br0mGreV <bromgrev@××××××.org>
To: Gavin <gavin@××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened Documentation
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 22:59:04
1 Le Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:45:59 -0700, Gavin <gavin@××××.com> a écrit:
2
3 Well, even if the wiki a solution, it's yet a solution for "advanced
4 users", but i think
5 beginers will be a bit lost in the wiki, and will prefer addendas'.
6
7 As an example, think of a user who want to print the handbook before
8 installing, he will
9 not know which, nor how many pages he need to print, as they'll be linked
10 to each other.
13 > http://wiki.gentoo-portage.com
14 >
15 > How about using a Wiki? I bet the folks who setup the above Wiki would
16 > be willing to set aside / allow the Hardened team some space, with you
17 > as the Chief Editor for a "Hardened Gentoo Wiki".
18 >
19 > I think the benefits of a Wiki far outweight the issues. If you are
20 > concerned about defacement, statistics show that requiring a login
21 > largely eliminates the problem, at the cost of raising a small barrier
22 > to potential "casual" contributors. Other statistics for Wikipedia show
23 > that defacements are quickly un-done with minimal hassle, thus offering
24 > a justification for their approach of not requiring a login.
25 >
26 > 2 cents,
27 > Gavin
28 >