From: Gavin <gavin@××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened Documentation
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 22:48:33
1 http://wiki.gentoo-portage.com
2
3 How about using a Wiki? I bet the folks who setup the above Wiki would be willing to set aside / allow the Hardened team some space, with you as the Chief Editor for a "Hardened Gentoo Wiki".
4
5 I think the benefits of a Wiki far outweight the issues. If you are concerned about defacement, statistics show that requiring a login largely eliminates the problem, at the cost of raising a small barrier to potential "casual" contributors. Other statistics for Wikipedia show that defacements are quickly un-done with minimal hassle, thus offering a justification for their approach of not requiring a login.
6
7 2 cents,
8 Gavin
11 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list