From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened Documentation
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 07:17:56
1 On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 03:45:59PM -0700, Gavin wrote:
2 > http://wiki.gentoo-portage.com
3 >
4 > How about using a Wiki?
5
6 I don't hate Wiki's, on the contrary, but for Gentoo documentation I'd
7 rather not use them:
8
9 - It's webbased, meaning editing of documentation can only be done online. I
10 personally edit documents offline frequently (my university has a lousy
11 laptop/network policy)
12 - We need to be able to convert the documentation to other formats (HTML,
13 TXT, PDF alone for the LiveCDs); Wiki's are primarily used for online
14 documentation (HTML)
15 - We need to be able to monitor changes before they go live (we currently
16 have an XML-Checker working on the CVS server that checks the validity of
17 the document before committing)
18
19 Wkr,
20 Sven Vermeulen
23 Bent Hindrup Andersen, Danish MEP, about the Software Patent Directive:
24 The approach of the Commission and Council in this directive is shocking.
25 They are making full use of all the possibilities of evading democracy that
26 the current Community Law provides. <http://lwn.net/Articles/84009/>