From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Gavin <gavin@××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened Documentation
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 23:03:26
1 On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 18:45, Gavin wrote:
2 > http://wiki.gentoo-portage.com
3 >
4 > How about using a Wiki? I bet the folks who setup the above Wiki would be willing to set aside / allow the Hardened team some space, with you as the Chief Editor for a "Hardened Gentoo Wiki".
5 >
6 > I think the benefits of a Wiki far outweight the issues. If you are concerned about defacement, statistics show that requiring a login largely eliminates the problem, at the cost of raising a small barrier to potential "casual" contributors. Other statistics for Wikipedia show that defacements are quickly un-done with minimal hassle, thus offering a justification for their approach of not requiring a login.
9 WiKi are not mirrored items. Gentoo uses .xml for all of it's
10 documentation.
11
12 We did have a Hardened WiKi at one point (about a year ago).
13 It did not see enough light from the user community so we stopped using
14 it.
15
16 The infrastructure is kicking around the idea of an officially
17 supporting a Wiki as a service like the forums. But nothing is set in
18 stone yet.
19
20 > 2 cents,
21 > Gavin
22 >
23 > --
24 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
25 --
26 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
27 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer