From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: Gavin <gavin@××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened Documentation
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 23:13:59
1 Gavin wrote:
2
3 >http://wiki.gentoo-portage.com
4 >
5 >How about using a Wiki? I bet the folks who setup the above Wiki would be willing to set aside / allow the Hardened team some space, with you as the Chief Editor for a "Hardened Gentoo Wiki".
8 This is not an official documentation source therefore we (Hardened
9 developers) should not develop and deploy documentation there (as our
10 documentation has certain licensing/copyright requirements).
11
12 This, however,does not stop a user from adding a Hardened section and
13 adding docs which we could review and comment/modify.
14
15 >I think the benefits of a Wiki far outweight the issues. If you are concerned about defacement, statistics show that requiring a login largely eliminates the problem, at the cost of raising a small barrier to potential "casual" contributors. Other statistics for Wikipedia show that defacements are quickly un-done with minimal hassle, thus offering a justification for their approach of not requiring a login.
19 If/when infrastructure has an official wiki set up we can use that
20 officially, in the mean time this could be fine as an unofficial source
21 (just like it is now for many other areas of Gentoo).
22
23 Joshua Brindle
26 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list