From: Robert Sharp <selinux@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux sysnetwork policy update?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 08:29:17
1 On 10/12/16 06:19, Jason Zaman wrote:
4 > On 9 Dec 2016 16:29, "Robert Sharp" <selinux@×××××××××××××××.org
5 > <mailto:selinux@×××××××××××××××.org>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Just updated all my SELinux policies to 20161023-r1 as they are
8 > now stable, which undid one little fix, so I thought I would
9 > mention it.
10 >
11 > Sysnetwork.te does not cover the possibility that dhcpcd may run
12 > resolvconf from the dhcpc_script_t domain, which it seems is how
13 > my dhcpcd works. This is fixed by adding:
14 >
15 > optional_policy(`
16 > resolvconf_client_domain(dhcpc_script_t)
17 > ')
18 >
19 > to the dhcpc_script policy (end of the file). It seems like a
20 > reasonable addition, given the same policy applies to the dhcpc_t
21 > domain.
22 >
23 > Not sure if this sort of proposal should be filed as a bug or just
24 > raised here?
25 >
26 > Robert Sharp
27 >
28 > Can you file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org <http://bugs.gentoo.org> and say
29 > this and also list the AVCs you get from audit.log?
30 >
31 > I have already prepared the -r2 release just haven't pushed it to the
32 > repo yet so I probably won't add to that cuz I don't want to do it
33 > last min. The -r2 policies will be out as soon as I figure out why the
34 > 4.8 kernel isn't booting for me.
35 >
36 > Thanks!
37 > Jason
38 >
39 Hi Jason,
40
41 Just filing the bug and I realise I did not save any AVCs relating to
42 dhcpc_script_t, but only those for resolvconf itself. It would be useful
43 to include the former but to do that I need to unwind my locally patched
44 policy. I know I can use semodule -r to remove the patched module, but
45 how do I get the original policy re-instated given it is part of the
46 core? I guess I could create another local module from my git clone and
47 load that?
48
49 Thanks,
50