From: Michael Boman <michael.boman@××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo Hardened ML <gentoo-hardened@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Snort with Sguil and Prelude support, poll
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 13:51:04
1 Thank you all for your support.
4 I have two ebuilds done here, one for the client and one for the server.
5 The server is not finished yet as I haven't written any start/stop
6 init.d scripts for it, and I think both these ebuilds are very fragile
7 as sguil depends on very specific versions of tcl & Co.
8
9 Anyway, please try them out and let me know how it goes. These ebuilds
10 are not official in any way, and is mostly useless as the sensor ebuilds
11 has not been created/patched yet. Having said that I'm sure Bamm (qru,
12 sguil head developer) would like to have your input. Either stop by at
13 #snort-gui @ freenode, or edit your sguil client configuration to point
14 to bamm.dyndns.org as server and use the built-in "chat".
15
16 So without any further ado, please proceed to
17
18 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mboman/sguil-client.tgz
19 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mboman/sguil-server.tgz
22 PS
23 These are very rough ebuilds, no changelog etc. If they break you get
24 to keep all the pieces.
25
26 I have no intention to put them on CVS until I've fixed those things
27 (and solar or method has given the ebuilds their blessings).
28 DS
29
30 Best regards
31 Michael Boman
34 Michael Boman
35 Security Architect, SecureCiRT Pte Ltd
36 http://www.securecirt.com