From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Gentoo Hardened ML <gentoo-hardened@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Snort with Sguil and Prelude support, poll
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:58:02
1 mboman,
2
3 Seems we got a broken dep here.
4
5 solar@simple sguil-client $ sguil.tk
6 -bash: /usr/bin/sguil.tk: /usr/bin/wishx: bad interpreter: No such file
7 or direc
8 tory
11 On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 09:49, Michael Boman wrote:
12 > Thank you all for your support.
15 > I have two ebuilds done here, one for the client and one for the server.
16 > The server is not finished yet as I haven't written any start/stop
17 > init.d scripts for it, and I think both these ebuilds are very fragile
18 > as sguil depends on very specific versions of tcl & Co.
19 >
20 > Anyway, please try them out and let me know how it goes. These ebuilds
21 > are not official in any way, and is mostly useless as the sensor ebuilds
22 > has not been created/patched yet. Having said that I'm sure Bamm (qru,
23 > sguil head developer) would like to have your input. Either stop by at
24 > #snort-gui @ freenode, or edit your sguil client configuration to point
25 > to bamm.dyndns.org as server and use the built-in "chat".
26 >
27 > So without any further ado, please proceed to
28 >
29 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~mboman/sguil-client.tgz
30 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~mboman/sguil-server.tgz
33 > PS
34 > These are very rough ebuilds, no changelog etc. If they break you get
35 > to keep all the pieces.
36 >
37 > I have no intention to put them on CVS until I've fixed those things
38 > (and solar or method has given the ebuilds their blessings).
39 > DS
40 >
41 > Best regards
42 > Michael Boman