From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] latest kernel exploit patch for vmsplice coming?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:46:11
1 Hi!
2
3 On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 08:27:21AM +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
4 > Attatched is a slightly modified version of the exploit that should
5 > compile for you. (uses sysconf(_SC_PAGE_SIZE) rather than PAGE_SIZE from
6 > asm/page.h)
7
8 Actually, such sort of mistakes in exploits exists just to prevent it
9 compiling by people who unable to fix it, so it isn't really good idea to
10 post fixed version in public maillist - at least you can send it using
11 private email.
12
13 Anyway, this exploit doesn't work as 'local root' on my
14 '2.6.20-hardened-r10 SMP' - but looks like it leak some kernel memory on
15 each execution, so running it in a `while :; do ...; done` will result in
16 hang in about a minute, so it at least 'local DoS' exploit.
17
18 Is there any plans to backport patch for this bug to .20 hardened kernel?
19 I'm not upgraded yet to .23 kernel because of few issues with PaX
20 mentioned in this maillist in last months... :(
23 WBR, Alex.
24 --
25 gentoo-hardened@l.g.o mailing list