From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] JIT code and mprotect
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 18:02:24
1 > This is similar to what USE=orc does — creating an executable in /tmp
2 > at runtime. It works with GStreamer on hardened, if allowed by
3 > GRKERNSEC_TPE. I still don't like the concept, and switch orc off.
4
5 Not sure if this has any relevence. I've found removing the gstreamer
6 registry and then using the debug option environment variable.
7
8 ORC_CODE=emulate
9
10 allows gstreamer to work to a larger degree on a grsecurity kernel and
11 Opera and parole to play sound.
15
16 Why not do something good every day and install BOINC.