From: Maxim Kammerer <mk@×××.su>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] JIT code and mprotect
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:02:30
1 On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM, René Rhéaume <rene.rheaume@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have a somewhat crazy idea to run JIT code with mprotect enforced: instead
3 > of putting the generated code into anonymous memory, why not put it as a
4 > shared library inside a tmpfs, the the host program simply call dlopen on
5 > it?
6
7 This is similar to what USE=orc does — creating an executable in /tmp
8 at runtime. It works with GStreamer on hardened, if allowed by
9 GRKERNSEC_TPE. I still don't like the concept, and switch orc off.
12 Maxim Kammerer
13 Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte