From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] 2.6.28-hardened-r7 hangs before starting /sbin/init
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 21:18:12
1 On 2 Apr 2009 at 18:29, Alex Efros wrote:
2
3 > Hi!
4 >
5 > switching off CONFIG_PAX_MPROTECT solve this issue
6 >
7 > Now I'll try to paxctl -m for /bin/bash and /sbin/runit-init (with
8 > switched on CONFIG_PAX_MPROTECT, of course)... yeah, that solves this
9 > issue too.
10
11 can you strace bash/etc to see what happens? probably we'll see what runs
12 against the MPROTECT restricions. my guess is either textrels or gnu_stack
13 (compare scanelf -lpqRte on your systems). btw, why are you using SEGMEXEC
14 on your core2?