From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] gradm grsecurity incompatibility errors
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 19:23:05
1 On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 14:11 -0500, David Rock wrote:
2 > I am just getting started on using PaX + grsecurity and am trying to get
3 > the gradm learning mode set up and running.
4 >
5 > The first thing I ran into is a problem with setting up the admin role
6 > passwd. I believe I figured that out with forum topic:
7 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-323359-highlight-gradm.html
8 >
9 > The problem I am running into now is I get the following error whenever
10 > I try to use gradm to do anything (gradm -E, gradm -a, gradm -D, etc):
11 >
12 > gradm -E
13 > You are using incompatible versions of gradm and grsecurity.
14 > Please update both versions to the ones available on the website.
15 > Make sure your gradm has been compiled for the kernel you are currently
16 > running.
17 >
18 > the kernel that I am using is 2.6.20-hardened-r2 and the version of
19 > gradm is: sys-apps/gradm-2.1.9.200602141850
20 >
21 > I have recently re-emerged to make sure that gradm was compiled against
22 > the current kernel.
23
24 Use the ~arch version. (2.1.10.*)
28 > Is there any way to verify if roles are active, or to see what role I am
29 > currently using (if any)?
30 >
31 > --
32 > David Rock