From: David Rock <david@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] gradm grsecurity incompatibility errors
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 19:16:32
1 I am just getting started on using PaX + grsecurity and am trying to get
2 the gradm learning mode set up and running.
3
4 The first thing I ran into is a problem with setting up the admin role
5 passwd. I believe I figured that out with forum topic:
6 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-323359-highlight-gradm.html
7
8 The problem I am running into now is I get the following error whenever
9 I try to use gradm to do anything (gradm -E, gradm -a, gradm -D, etc):
10
11 gradm -E
12 You are using incompatible versions of gradm and grsecurity.
13 Please update both versions to the ones available on the website.
14 Make sure your gradm has been compiled for the kernel you are currently
15 running.
16
17 the kernel that I am using is 2.6.20-hardened-r2 and the version of
18 gradm is: sys-apps/gradm-2.1.9.200602141850
19
20 I have recently re-emerged to make sure that gradm was compiled against
21 the current kernel.
22
23 Is there any way to verify if roles are active, or to see what role I am
24 currently using (if any)?
27 David Rock
28 david@××××××××××.com
29 --