From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] new kernel not being able to mount filesystems?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:11:07
1 > > Does your init have any text relocations in it?
2 >
3 > I'm not sure how to interpret this: please forgive my stupidity. I'll try to
4 > guess:
5
6 text relocations is a feature of executable files (including shared
7 libraries), and it's something to get rid of (this requires changes
8 to the given app's build system, or sometimes programming). what you
9 should do is run 'readelf -d /path/to/binary | grep TEXTREL' on init
10 itself and all libraries it links in, at least one of them will produce
11 some output (if you have a recent elfutils then you should use
12 eu-findtextrel instead).
15 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list