From: Andrew Bevitt <andrew@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] LiveCD install oddity
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 23:54:05
1 On Saturday 28 February 2004 15:34, Mike Bailey wrote:
2 > Everything is fine up until what I presume to be the end of the bootstrap
3 > script. I've not actually watched it stop but after what seems to be an
4 > hour of compiling my video craps out entirely. I can't get to other
5 > sessions nor do anything other than a hard boot of the device.
6
7 I have had this problem of several machines when installing generic x86
8 Gentoo. The problem always appears to come back down to buggy acpi
9 implementations. (Possible APM if that is still supported).
10
11 Try disabling acpi (and maybe even apic) at the boot prompt and see what
12 happens.
13
14 Andrew
17 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list