From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Eclass update to support user-specific (overlay-driven) policy enhancements
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 03:02:59
1 On 04/26/2012 02:58 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2
3 > One thing I'm not that happy about is some trick I included in the eclass
4 > for now to decide if a .if file can be installed as well or not. I check if
5 > the file is provided through POLICY_FILES (which means a 3rd party module)
6 > and then place a trigger file in ${S}/strict/ called ".install_interfaces"
7 > because I need this information in a later phase of the ebuild. I use this
8 > because I don't like introducing global variables in ebuilds, but this might
9 > be wrong (QA-wise) from me. I'll check with the QA folks a bit later (after
10 > some more testing).
11 >
12 > Wkr,
13 > Sven Vermeulen
14
15 Why are you trying to avoid a global variable? I'd think that's less of
16 a QA issue than a trigger file.
19 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
20 Chair of Information Technology
21 D'Youville College