From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Eclass update to support user-specific (overlay-driven) policy enhancements
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:02:17
1 On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 08:51:05PM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Why are you trying to avoid a global variable? I'd think that's less of
3 > a QA issue than a trigger file.
4
5 Updated patch available on http://dpaste.com/748546/
6
7 It includes support for POLICY_FILES, allowing for 3rd party SELinux modules
8 to be managed by Portage without interfering or making things more difficult
9 for our policy.
10
11 It also removes some of the dual logic that was available before (to handle
12 bash arrays and single variables). By mapping arrays immediately towards
13 single variables, I could also drop the use of either a trigger file or a
14 global variable (as I can now just "query" the variable).
15
16 Finally, the eclass now tries to load the SELinux module and, if it fails,
17 it retries to load it but with all installed modules simultaneously. If that
18 still fails, we inform the user that this might be expected if this isn't
19 the last SELinux module installation (or upgrade).
20
21 That last addition allows us to support SELinux upgrade easier. For
22 instance, the failure(s) we had with 2.20110726 to 2.20120215 (modules
23 failing to load because of unresolved or undefined references) are now
24 handled automatically.
25
26 The eclass is currently still in hardened-dev overlay.
27
28 Wkr,
29 Sven Vermeulen