From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] new kernel not being able to mount filesystems?
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 00:27:36
1 > shame though, that it seems that just about any program I use has TEXTREL set
2 > as a feature. I haven't got a clue why this is all over one system, and
3 > nowhere on the other, while emerge system shows the same result.
4
5 this normally comes from some systemwide object file that gets
6 linked into everything (crt*.o for example) and which is not PIC.
7 probably you have re-emerged the package that had caused this since
8 (glibc or gcc come to mind) and hence future compilations will
9 produce proper PIC everywhere.
12 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list