From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: kevquinn@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Xorg testing desired
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:19:11
1 On monday May 30th the PaX Team sent me a testing patch for Xorg to make
2 it fully pic compliant/text relocation free.
3 I have been successfully using this patch for a few days now with my
4 hardware. We would appreciate it if we could get a little more testing
5 with this before passing it along to our Xorg maintainers and upstream.
6
7 http://dev.gentoo.org/~solar/patches/xorg-x11-pic-notextrel.patch
8
9 I tested with.
10 x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r1
11 +3dfx -3dnow +bitmap-fonts -cjk -debug +dlloader -dmx -doc
12 -font-server +hardened -insecure-drivers -ipv6 +minimal
13 +mmx -nls +opengl -pam -sdk +sse -static +truetype-fonts
14 +type1-fonts (-uclibc) +xprint +xv
17 You can use this command to confirm that it's free of text relocations.
18 scanelf -tq $(epm -q -l xorg-x11)
19
20 # scanelf comes from app-misc/pax-utils
21 # epm comes from app-portage/epm
22
23 Make sure it runs like normal.
24 Try glxgears before and after if your not using the +minimal USE flag
25 and have GL support.
26
27 thanks.
30 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>