From: Petre Rodan <kaiowas@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Denied message
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:49:26
1 Hi,
2
3 On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 04:23:48PM +0200, sebastien Pastor wrote:
4 > Hi guys,
5 >
6 > I am finishing a brand new Selinux install. I have still 3 avc denied
7 > message types when i boot up on enforcing mode. I hope anyone could help
8 > me in understanding why they are showing up ... i m quite a newbie so
9 > please be kind with me ;-).
10 >
11 > - the first denied concerns init running on system_u:system_r:init_t
12 > context , trying to do a getcap on a process class object with context
13 > system_u:system_r:init_t
14
15 you can allow both getcap and setcap for init_t.
16 sysvinit uses the __NR_capget and __NR_capset syscalls and those generate the avc message.
17
18 > - the second denieds concerns processes run from modules-update script
19 > (id,mv,cp ..) scontext=system_u:system_r:update_modules_t trying to
20 > search directories like /var /usr etc .... : i had a look @ modutil.te
21 > and there is a bunch of dontaudit which seems to take care of this. Why
22 > do i see those denied then ? is it a well-known bug ?
23
24 show us the exact avc message.
25 you also might want to inspect the processed rules in policy.conf to see if the dontaudits are actually there, or maybe they got left out for some reason.
26
27 > - the last denieds are issued by unix_chkpwd
28 > scontext=system_u:system_r:system_chkpwd_t
29 > tcontext=root:object_r:sysadm_tty_device_t tclass=chr_file
30
31 looks harmless. if your command succeeds in enforcing mode you can ignore errors like this one.
32
33 cheers,
34 peter
37 petre rodan