From: sebastien Pastor <spastor@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Denied message
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:47:10
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I am finishing a brand new Selinux install. I have still 3 avc denied
4 message types when i boot up on enforcing mode. I hope anyone could help
5 me in understanding why they are showing up ... i m quite a newbie so
6 please be kind with me ;-).
7
8 - the first denied concerns init running on system_u:system_r:init_t
9 context , trying to do a getcap on a process class object with context
10 system_u:system_r:init_t
11
12 - the second denieds concerns processes run from modules-update script
13 (id,mv,cp ..) scontext=system_u:system_r:update_modules_t trying to
14 search directories like /var /usr etc .... : i had a look @ modutil.te
15 and there is a bunch of dontaudit which seems to take care of this. Why
16 do i see those denied then ? is it a well-known bug ?
17
18 - the last denieds are issued by unix_chkpwd
19 scontext=system_u:system_r:system_chkpwd_t
20 tcontext=root:object_r:sysadm_tty_device_t tclass=chr_file
21
22 Thanks in advance
23
24 Regards